Wednesday, April 14, 2010

iMovie...Do you movie???

This week through my technology class we worked on making movies with web-based programs and the movie programs with Windows and Macs. I made my first movie using a Mac...it was an experience.

First of all I am a PC User...always have been...therefore I have only recently grown more accustomed to Macs (not sure if I will ever reach the fully accustomed area). After reading the directions and watching a demo...how hard could it be?? Well truthfully, it is not that difficult if you know how to make iMovie behave, which took me several hours to accomplish. However, once I learned which buttons and directions to give each slide the movie making was a fun process!

The best part about this whole process was seeing the movies that other classmates of mine produced. From Chemistry Rules in a lab to great short life story movies, the viewing of all the different movies made the task worthwhile because it displayed how many different uses for movies in a classroom can possess. We had art teaches, chemistry & science, music, history, ESL, geography, and foreign languages all represented in the movies through our class.

My movie is for future use in my Government class. This idea stems from conversations and classes I have had during my teacher training program with professors and mentor teachers. Through many conversations different people stress the importance of not only giving examples for students when teaching concepts, but making sure the examples provided are understood by your students. Therefore, I got to thinking after making an Inspiration chart about how a bill becomes a law at Capitol Hill here in the U.S. , that many if not the majority of my students have never been to the nation's capitol, so let's make a quick movie representing a tour through Washington D.C.! Here it is....

No comments:

Post a Comment